Pages

Friday 15 November 2013

Happy 100th!!




This is a commissioned card which I have been asked to make for a lady who is celebrating her 100th birthday and it needed to be 'oversized'. The finished card is an A4 size so the card blank was made with an A3 sheet of white cardstock.
As the card needs to be sent through the post I had to be careful to keep it as flat as possible so most of the flowers, large ones from Flower Shop and small ones from Summer Silhouettes, have been stamped directly onto the card using Raspberry Ripple. As I wanted to overlap the flowers and leaves (from Summer Silhouettes) I cut out several masks from post-it notes so that some of the flowers and the leaves look like they're behind the others.
The Raspberry Ripple Scallop Oval and Whisper White Oval were both cut with dies from the Ovals Collection Framelits and the sentiment is made up from the Memorable Moments stamp set. I placed a piece of Rasberry Ripple Stitched Satin Ribbon across the card before matting onto the card blank, positioned the ovals on top and added three flowers, punched with the Pansy Punch, using dimensionals and a few leaves from the Owl Builder Punch. A bow, a butterfly from Papillon Potpourri and a few Basic Pearls finished the card.
I have to say this took quite a long time to make (especially as I had to make an envelope for it as well!) but I was quite pleased with the finished result - something that rarely happens :0)


2 comments:

  1. That is so so pretty. I'm sure she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL and sure to be appreciated. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...